We want to have a team that is more physical, tougher
and better fundamentally than any football team we play!!!
SEVEN AREAS OF EMPHASIS:
- Turnover margin …. We need to be on the PLUS side of turnovers
- Big Plays …. Big plays in all three phases; we have to win the BIG PLAY WAR!!
- No missed assignments …. We cannot win with MENTAL Errors; mental errors will not be tolerated.
- No FOOLISH penalties … FOOLISH penalties means poor TEAM Discipline.
- Goal line (must score TD’s inside the 10 yard line)
- Kicking game: The kicking game is ATTITUDE & EFFORT, we will always win the kicking game.
- Lost yardage: Avoid negative yardage plays on offense & create negative yardage plays on defense.
DEFFENSE: Alignment/Assignment/Aggressive/Attack (4 A’s)
OFFENSE: Aggressive with the Big Plays, Consistent in our execution, Tempo Team (ACT)
SPECIAL TEAMS: Aggressive, Create Big Plays & Turnovers (Do your 1/11)
SEVEN MOST CALLED PENALTIES:
|Off Sides||Defense||(Lack of Concentration)|
|Delay of Game||Offense||(Poor Coaching)|
|Illegal Formation||Offense||(Lack of Concentration/Coaching)|
|Pass Interference||Defense||(Poor Technique)|
EVERYONE HAS TO BE A GOOD TEAMMATE:
Everyone should strive to be a good teammate. All players and coaches have to stress and become a better teammate. Individual honors and accolades will take care of themselves if strong team unity occurs every day, every play!!
The team matters more than the individual!! No one player is more important than the team. Individual stats and accomplishments will not matter, or seem as important if the team doesn’t win. Football games cannot be won without a team effort.
Not everything a player does is always going to be right. A player has to be ready to accept the compliment of being coached with constructive criticism & evaluations. Every player should focus on what they can control; Attitude – Effort – Body Language and not worry about others.
WINNING SHOULD BE FUN FOR EVERYONE!!